Thursday 27 May 2021

Noun Phrases

LI: To understand what a noun phrase is.

For Writing, we have been focusing on writing cinquains, which are a poem that consists of 5 lines. The first line has 1 noun, the second line has 2 adjectives, the third line has 3 verbs (ending in 'ing'), the fourth line has a noun phrase and the last line has 1 noun/adjective.

We wrote a cinquan poem on a sports player. I chose to do it on Kobe Bryant. The first line should start with the person's name, so the first line of the poem was 'Kobe'. I chose two adjectives that described him, and I chose determined and skilled. Next, I chose three verbs that would describe what he does in his sport, and I chose dribbling, eluding and receiving.

Finally, we wrote a noun phrase consisting of four words that isn't a complete sentence but gives theoretical information about the noun. The noun phrase I chose to do for Kobe Bryant was 'Our warrior on court'.

I really enjoyed this activity and learning about noun phrases. I found this activity very fun because I was able to write a cinquain poem about Kobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.