Thursday 13 May 2021

Inquiry - Simple Machines/Screw

LI: to read for meaning and understanding.
LI: to use smart searching skills.

Our inquiry focus was to learn about the simple machines and create a labelled diagram on them. The next simple machine I worked on was the screw.

A screw is a simple machine that consists of often a metal material with a wedge at the end, also known as the tip. There is the thread that goes around the screw, which makes inserting the screw easier as it turns and inserts. The head of the screw is used with by screwdriver to drive the other end of the screw (the tip) through a material such as wood. A screw is used to hold two different things together.

I created a labelled diagram identifying the parts of the screw. I described in twenty-five words how a screw works and its purpose. It is a simple and brief explanation.

I found this activity fun because I was able to practice labelling and used my knowledge of previous lessons about simple machines to create this labelled diagram of a screw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.