Friday 21 May 2021

Art - Constellation Mountains

LI: To learn a new method of art through another student's knowledge.

This week, David hosted an art session and tutored the student's who didn't go to soccer on Wednesday. We learnt how to draw constellations as well as a mountain trio with interesting and significant patterns inside of them.

First, we made our practice copy on an A4 piece of paper. We used a ruler and sketching pencil to draw three different sized mountains. I drew a medium mountain on the left, a larger mountain on the right and a smaller mountain in the middle.

I then focused on doing the constellations. Instead of creating my own, I wanted to search on special constellations and draw them on my art piece. The constellations I drew were Gemini, Winter, Indus, Cepheus, Camelopardilas, Cassiopeda, Lyra and Ursa Minor. I drew stars and split lines to make my constellations.

Next I did the patterns within the mountains. For the medium mountain, I did an illusion pattern where it looks like there is a whole in the middle. For the smaller mountain, I drew a faded bottom with an eye at the top of the mountain. For the biggest mountain, I drew semi-circle waves.

I was able to create my larger copy using my smaller copy as a guide to what I was doing. I really enjoyed this lesson hosted by David and found that it was very fun because I have been hoping to do art for a long time and this was a valuable and significant lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.