Thursday 13 May 2021

Inquiry - Simple Machines/Inclined Plane

LI: to read for meaning and understanding.
LI: to use smart searching skills.
Our inquiry focus was to learn about simple machines and create a labelled diagram on one of them. I created a labelled diagram of an inclined plane. An inclined plane is a ramp that is used to make moving heavy objects to distances and heights easier.

On the labelled diagram I created, I named the parts of the inclined plane, the load and the effort. The more distance or length an inclined plane has, the less effort it will take to move the load because if the inclined place is steep, it will take more force to prevent the load from falling.

In the bottom corner of the labelled diagram, I wrote a twenty-five word description of what an inclined plane is and its creative purpose, which is to make moving objects easier.

I found this activtiy fun and easy because I am familiar with an inclined plane and was able to recall my knowledge of what it is so that I can help others by labelling the parts of an inclined plane.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.