Thursday 20 May 2021

Inquiry - Simple Machines/Wed

LI: to read for meaning and understanding.
LI: to use smart searching skills.
Our inquiry focus was to learn about the simple machines and create a labelled diagram on them. The next simple machine I worked on was the wedge.

A wedge is a simple machine that is made of two inclined planes taken at point where the angle is connected. The larger the angle of the wedge is, the more force or effort is required to move things up or alongside it. A wedge is often used to stop things from moving, such as cars and doors.

I created a labelled diagram identifying the parts of the wedge. I described in twenty-five words what a wedge is and its purpose. It is a simple and brief explanation.

I found this activity fun because I was able to practice labelling and used my knowledge of previous lessons about simple machines to create this labelled diagram of a wedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.