Wednesday 26 May 2021

Maori - Translation

LI: To translate phrases and words from English to Maori.

For Maori, we started off my completing the routine which was giving answers to 'What was the weather?' and 'How are you?'.

The first part of our official task was to find an image of a pen and pencil on a table (separately) and provide the picture under the assigned text.

Next we were given a list of 10 kitchen objects: fridge, oven, microwave, sink, plate, knife, fork, spoon, pot and pan. We provided the Maori term for them and a picture of what they are.

The focus for this Maori task was to understand how to translate words from English to Maori as well as comprehend Maori phrases (which were, for example: "Kei hea te pene?").

I really enjoyed this Maori lesson because I was able to expand my knowledge of the Maori language and my comprehension of translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.