Thursday 20 May 2021

Inquiry - Simple Machines/First Class Lever

LI: to read for meaning and understanding.

LI: to use smart searching skills.

Our inquiry focus was to learn about the simple machines and create a labelled diagram on them. The next simple machine I worked on was the first class lever.

The first class lever is a simple machine that consists of often a fulcrum (the point that is between the load and effort), the load (the object that is being moved) and the effort (what is helping move the load). There are three classes of levers, but the first class lever is where the fulcrum is between the effort and the load. A first class lever is used to relocate and move the load.

I created a labelled diagram identifying the parts of the lever. I described in twenty-five words how a lever works and its purpose. It is a simple and brief explanation.

I found this activity fun because I was able to practice labelling and used my knowledge of previous lessons about simple machines to create this labelled diagram of a lever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.