Tuesday 8 December 2020

Writing | Commanding Conversations

Commanding Conversations is a can-do activity that helps a person practise using their punctuation, descriptive language and grammar skills to write a brief conversation.

To do the commanding conversations can-do, a person looks at an image and comes up with a plotline to base their conversation off of. 

Once the main parts of the conversations are written, a person should check their grammar, spelling and punctuation to make sure that the conversation is easy to understand.

Today, I completed the commanding conversations task. I wrote two conversations based off an image of three people with motorbikes and an image of a seal and a penguin.

My first conversation was about a woman asking to race another person. A different person overhears the conversation and cuts the engine wires of a motorbike. My second conversation was about the seal telling the penguin that the penguin was a male.

I enjoyed writing conversations based off images. I think I could work on writing conversations that are more interesting, and coming up with an unpredictable plotline to base the conversation from.

LI: to write descriptive conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.