Thursday 17 December 2020

Commenting Thread

A comment thread is a continuous conversation between two people. A comment thread has a minimum of four comments (two for each person).

There are five parts to a quality comment when starting a conversation. They are: a greeting, positive feedback which encourages the person, a connection (something you can relate to), helpful information or something that that person could improve and an open question.

It is important to ask open questions because they can expand the conversation and it requires more thinking to answer an open question.

There are usually three parts to a quality comment when replying to someone else. They are: a greeting, the answer to their question (it should be detailed and specific) and then another open question.

Purpose of a comment thread is to encourage others to engage with people that have given them feedback. Another purpose of a comment thread is to encourage others to share their opinion with others and let them know that they should improve or change.

Today, I comment threaded with Daniel, who is part of the Summer Learning Journey crew. Daniel commented on my blogpost called Fishing False Teeth where I captioned a comic strip.

First, Daniel asked if I had any stories that I had made, and if I'd like to share them. I replied and asked What some of his favourite stories were and why. Once he replied, he asked what some of my favourite stories were and if I knew any of the stories he mentioned. I replied and thanked him for starting the comment thread and giving me feedback.

I enjoyed comment threading with Daniel and talking about stories and book/movie series. I think I could work on my vocabulary and using bigger or more complex words in a conversation. It is important to know how to comment thread because it can help people improve their ability to socialize and inform others through a conversation.

LI: to improve our ability to socialize and comment thread with open questions.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.