Friday 18 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Day 4 | Activity 1 | Rise Up

For this Summer Learning Journey activity (day four, activity one), I created and wrote my own text graphic chorus for a song.

The purpose of this activity is to be able to use your imagination to write about a topic or subject and think about how well those lyrics would go with a rhythm.

A chorus is the part of a song where the lyrics repeat. For example, in the song 'Rise Up' (which is the song we used as an example for this activity), the chorus is 'And we will rise (strong minds, strong heart), and we will rise (we all play a part), and we will rise, we'll never stop.

I created and wrote a chorus which is about 2020 and it's major events. There might have been other major events that happened in 2020, but I chose these specific events because of some kind of connection or relation they had to me.

In the chorus, I tried to maintain rhythm and rhyme. I repeated the first and last line because I thought it would go well with the rest of the chorus.

To make a chorus, a person should have ideas on what the topic will be for their song. They should also have ideas about the order of the lyrics and keeping it on topic. If they are making a rhyming chorus, they should think about the amount of syllables each word or sentence has so that it goes with the rhythm.

I really enjoyed taking the opportunity to create my own chorus for a unique topic. I could try challenging myself by creating a chorus on a certain topic chosen by a different person. I'd like you to try and make your own chorus!

LI: to create a chorus.


2 comments:

  1. Talofa Lava Bella

    I like your Chorus. I did the same one but it was about Coronavirus (WHEN IS IT OVER!!)

    I hope that 2020 is over and the coronavirus. All we have to do is be healthy and wash hands, sanatise hands, stay 6 feet away, wear a mask, and stay away from other people that are ill.

    Can you make another Chorus and what will it be about?

    Ka Kite Ano Bella!! Have a great summer holiday and Merry Christmas!!

    Hector

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Bella,

    It’s Charlotte here, a commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. I thought the work you have done on the ‘Rise Up’ task was great!

    WOW, I think it is awesome how you have included such a detailed description on what a chorus is! 2020 has definitely been an interesting year, and you have created a great chorus about it!

    If you want to get even more points for the Summer Learning Journey, you can give the ‘Step it up’ challenge for this activity a go! You can find this using this link. This requires you to record a video of you speaking/singing the words to your chorus.

    Ngā mihi nui
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.