Friday 18 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Day 4 | Activity 2 | Which One Doesn't Belong?

For this Summer Learning Journey activity (day four, activity two), I observed four similar photos/images and selected the few that didn't belong with the rest.

The purpose of this Summer Learning Journey task is to encourage others to use their senses and compare the differences between similar things, as well as understand that there are no two things that are exactly the same.

First, I observed an image of four different Santa's and chose the two that were different. I did the same to images of ice creams, cookies/treats, spaceships, domino's numbers, clocks, car brand logos, playing cards and emojis.

There was an extra slide where I was able to create my own 'Which One Doesn't Belong?' challenge. I chose to do four different Christmas trees to maintain the 2020 Christmas spirit. I encourage you to try out this activity yourself using the challenge I created.

I really liked this activity because it was similar to spot the difference. I didn't quiet understand this activity or what they meant by 'Which One Doesn't Belong?', so I just decided to point out the differences of the images.

LI: to develop attention to detail.

6 comments:

  1. Talofa Lava Bella

    I see that you've done another activity and created your own slide. I liked going through your slide and I liked that you've figured out what doesen't belong. Do you think you can make another creation about what doesn't belong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hector!

      It's great to know that you're engaging with others and motivating them with positive feedback and questions!

      Yes, I think I could create another challenge. The next challenge I make would probably be about camp, which is what I am most excited for next year!

      Have you done this activity? For the last slide, what did you create?

      Ka kite ano!

      Delete
  2. Talofa Lava Bella

    I have done this activity but I just need to publish it and figure out the answers. I am enjoying the activities the SLJ team and I am glad that they have set up a maths one where you have to figure our which one doesn't belong.

    When I am finished figuring out the answers, I would do a camp one just like yours. I am going to go camp with you guys, but I will be a year late.

    Ka Kite ano Bella!

    Hector

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talofa Lava Bella

    I am not actually doing a camp one because I can't find any images but I am going to do a christmas one about christmas cookies.

    Ka Kite Ano Bella!

    Hector

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malo e lelei Bella,

    I really liked reading your blog post today! Great job on finishing your 8th summer learning journey activity for this week! I have completed this task as well and I found it very interesting because it kept me busy for a long time. I liked the way you have added a detailed blurb which explains what you did in this task. The answer for your questionnaire would be:

    1. B, because it is covered with snow
    2. C, because it does not have any decorations
    3. A, because it has ribbons
    4. D, because it has lights

    What did you find interesting in your activity and why? Which Summer Learning Journey Task is your favourite till now?

    Keep up the fabulous work!
    -Sakshi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora Bella

    Benjamin here from the SLJ commenting team.

    Thank you for this blog post. The description you’ve provided with the activity is really appreciated. It’s always helpful to hear feedback about the activity and whether any part of it was confusing etc.

    By ‘which one doesn’t belong’, it’s asking, is there something in common between these pictures which one of them does not have? So with your challenge for example, there is one tree with white snow on it. I would say that this tree ‘doesn’t belong’ to the group of trees that does not have white snow, which is the other three.

    Confusing I know haha, but I hope that helps and if you are still confused it doesn’t matter because you’ve still understood the activity in your own words!

    Keep up the good work!

    Cheers,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.