Wednesday 16 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Day 3 | Activity 1 | What are you doing today? | Kick Start

The Summer Learning Journey crew came up with an activity that helps the participants expand their Maori vocabulary.

I completed this activity by listening to different audio recordings. Then, based on what I heard from the audio recordings, I then arranged different Maori words to fit into the sentences properly. I answered the question 'What are you doing today?' by saying 'I am going to ___' I filled in the blanks with Maori words.

I learnt how to say 'What are you doing today?' in Maori. To say 'What are you doing today?', it would be easier to start by slowly building an understanding of the words and then working on the pronounciation. 'What are you doing today?' in Maori is 'Kei te aha koe i tenei ra?'.

I found answering the question 'What are you doing today?' fun because I was able to expand my Maori vocabulary. I alse found listening to the audio and rearranging the words fun because I was able to build an understanding of where different Maori words go and why.

 Something I found hard was listening to the audio because it wasn't very clear or loud. I was still able to complete this activity and I had a lot of fun with it.

LI: to expand our Maori vocabulary.

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Bella,

    Wow this is awesome! I love your explanation of the task, what you learnt and what was fun and difficult. I also really appreciate that you clearly titled your post!

    It’s great to hear that you enjoyed this task! I always enjoy learning more te reo, even when it is tricky!

    Kei te mahi koe i tenei ra? Today I am commenting on SLJ blogs and tonight I think I will watch a Christmas movie!

    Keep up the good work!

    Ngā mihi,

    Charlotte (SLJ Team)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Charlotte!

      Thank you for sharing your opinion with me and giving such positive feedback. I hope you enjoy watching the Christmas movie! Today, I will most likely be playing volleyball afterschool or going to the public library.

      What are you most excited for this year?

      I'm optimistic for your reply! Ka kite.

      Delete
  2. Hi Bella,

    Thank you! That sounds like a great plan. I love going to the library and choosing books to read - sometimes it's just as fun as reading the books!

    I am most excited about Christmas! I love spending time with my family and getting everyone (even our pets!) a present. What are you most looking forward to this year?

    Ka kite,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Oa Charlotte,

      I agree, reading books is an excellent way to occupy yourself. To answer your question, I am most excited for Christmas since there is only a short amount of days left in this year. But next year, the year 7 and 8 camp will be taking place. I am most excited for that!

      It has been great to hear from you and I very much enjoyed talking about the things or events that will or have occupied us. :-)

      Till we talk again, Charlotte.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.