Friday 4 December 2020

Commenting Thread

A comment thread is a conversation between two people that consists of a greeting, positive feedback and an open question. The different between an open question and a closed question is that an open question requires more thinking to give an answer and it expands the conversation. A closed question only needs a few words for an answer, and it does not expand the conversation.

This week I comment threaded with Farzana's on her blog post about the kapa haka performance that she watched. She chose to talk about different Maori tools.

First, I asked her what changes if she knew any other Maori tools that were similar to the poi, ti rakau or taiaha and how that tool was used. Then, she replied and asked if I have played with the Whai string and if I enjoyed it. After that, I asked if were some shapes that she made using the Whai string. She gave an answer and thanked me for starting the comment thread.

I enjoyed comment threading with Farzana and I enjoyed talking to Farzana about the different traditional Maori tools.

LI: to use open questions in a conversation.
LI: to expand a conversation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.