Friday 4 December 2020

Maori | Maori Place Names

Our session's focus with Whaea Odie was looking for words inside phrases to translate them into english properly. Another focus was to expand our Maori vocabulary.

First we revised our daily Maori routine and answered the questions: He aha te ra inanah? He aha te huarere inanahi? and kei te pehea koe?

The second part of our task was to look at the list of  Maori place names and observe the words/phrases to see if there were other words in them. The place names were not in the right place, so the Maori names and the english names were incorrect. We applied our knowledge of Maori vocabulary to translate the place names correctly without using the Maori Dictionary. 

I really enjoyed translating the Maori place names into english. I enjoyed this experience and worked hard to expand my Maori vocabulary. One thing I think I could work on is my Maori pronunciation.

LI: to understand the Maori letters and phonics to translate everday phrases and names.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.