Thursday 17 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Day 3 | Activity 3 | Optical Illusions: Step It Up!

Today, I tried the Summer Learning Journey day three, activity three optical illusions activity. I tried to complete the step it up task.

I created my own optical illusion using only the thick, black outline of circles. Originally, I was going to make an illusion with black and white stripes. I observed the shapes I had available and began messing around with the placement of those shapes.

My optical illusion turned out to look like a tunnel. I made this tunnel by putting the thick, black outlines of circles close together and on an angle. Because of how they were placed, they formed the shape of a tunnel. I decided to call this illusion 'Tunnel Vision'.

To make your own optical illusion on paper, you can mess around with lines or shapes and change the angle, curve or form of those shapes. Shading can also help with how the optical illusion is seen by a person, and it can change that person's point of view.

I really enjoyed taking the opportunity to create my own optical illusion and experiment with shapes. I could improve my ability to be creative and original, and challenging myself with more complex and advanced shapes.

LI: to experiment with shapes.


4 comments:

  1. Tēnā koe Bella

    Ben here from the SLJ commenting team.

    Woooooo, no joke your optical illusion had me transfixed!! At first I looked and thought, ‘meh, what’s the big deal?’ and then I saw the tunnel from the other side and I was so impressed hahahaha.

    Thank you so much for the write up also. We really appreciate it when bloggers tell us about the process that gave rise to your work.

    I’m going to flag this blog post as a stand out so that it will receive extra points :D.


    He toki koe! You’re a champion :)

    Ngā mihi
    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ben!

      Wow, thank you very much for the positive feedback! It's great to hear from the Summer Learning Journey participants and commenting team, especially when the feedback they give is very helpful and encouraging.

      Do you favor any specific illusion? Why? I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Bella

      Ben here from the SLJ commenting team.

      I’m glad that you’re appreciative of our feedback.

      I really like the optical illusion made in this video. I learnt about why our brain distorts sizes while I was at university. It was very fascinating.

      Kia pai tō mutunga wiki, have a good weekend!

      Ben

      Delete
  2. Hi Bella,

    I found this blog post while scrolling through your blog and I want to say that
    it's amazing! It was so well made that I was so confused. I double checked it because I thought those are just circles. I think You were very clever by drawing it on a google drawings because it you made it on paper it would have taken much more time. The thing I like the most is that you have added a well explained making it easy for the readers to understand what's the topic about. Do you know an artist who makes optical illusions? If yes, who is the person and which illusion do you like the most?

    Looking forward to see your other blog posts as well!
    -Sakshi

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.