Friday 18 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Day 4 | Step it Up | Insect/Summer Art

Today, I decided to do the next level of the Summer Learning Journey insect art challenge and completing the step it up challenge.

The step it up challenge is to make a summer scene or another insect using only leaves, flower petals or sticks/twigs.

I decided to make a summer sunset with flower petals and sticks I found on the ground. I made the  gradience of the sky using the petals of roses that grow in my front yard. I also used pink flower petals for the ocean (pink because of the sun's light). I found dead sticks as the frame for the art.

To make sure I wasn't killing trees or flowers, I used petals that were on the ground and around the roots of the bushes. I found sticks that were on the ground. There were sticks that were long, short, thick and thin.

I really enjoyed taking the opportunity to be resourceful and creating insect art. I think I could challenge myself by creating a different and more detailed setting. I also drew a visual reference of what the picture represents to prevent confusion.

LI: to be resourceful and make insect/summer art.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.