Wednesday 16 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Day 3 | Activity 3 | Optical Illusions

For this activity (day three, activity three of the Summer Learning Journey programme), we learnt about a certain optical illusion of our choice.

The first thing that we did was think of a certain optical illusion that we wanted to find out about. The optical illusion I chose was called the Hermann Grid Illusion.

After that, we explained how this illusion works and what it does. The Hermann Grid Illusion has many white dots on a black background. Whenever a person looks at a dot, the dots on the opposite side of the black background will turn grey or black.

This is because our brain can't compare the colors from a distance, so it automatically sees the other dots as black or grey.

I enjoyed this activity the most out of the Summer Learning Journey activities I have done so far. I think I could choose a more complicated and complex optical illusion to research and learn about.

LI: to learn about an optical illusion.


4 comments:

  1. Tena koe Bella,

    This is another awesome post by you! I always enjoy reading your work. You have given such an interesting explanation of the illusion and how it works. I have learnt something new.

    The illusion worked so well it made my eyes feel a bit funny! Did it work well on you?

    I’m so glad you enjoyed this activity. What made it your favourite?

    Keep up the awesome work!

    Nga mihi,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Charlotte!

      Thank you for taking the time to comment on my Summer Learning Journey blogposts, yet again. It's great to know that my blog posts can teach someone something new!

      This illusion is my favourite mainly because other illusions are just black and white patterns (often stripes) that make the human vision stretch or pinch. This is a very unique illusion and I like that.

      Do you have any favourite illusions or illusions that you think stand out to you?

      Ka kite ano!

      Delete
    2. Hi Bella,

      It certainly is a unique illusion! My favourite is the picture that either looks like an old lady or a young girl - depending on how you look at it! I also like it because it is unique.

      Have a lovely weekend!

      Charlotte

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.