Monday 14 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Day 1 | Activity 1 | Nanogirl | Scavanger Hunt:

The Nanogirl task/activity for this week was to search for the required items in order to be able to do different experiments over the Summer Learning Journey period.

In our companies for inquiry, we watched a video by Nanogirl explaining the materials we would need to find, where we could potentially find those materials and the purpose of those materials.

The materials that we needed were cardboard (a tube, thin and thick), a mixing tool, stone, items of different size, string, foil and an empty bottle. We managed to find six of these items, however the rest can be found at home.

We began searching for the items that Nanogirl listed and recorded videos and took images showing the scavenger hunt in action and the materials that we were able to find.

Scavenger hunting can help improve a persons ability to search and find things using their knowledge of where those items may be. I enjoyed scavanger hunting for certain objects and I look forward to experimenting with Nanogirl.

LI: to search for the required items.





3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Bella,

    Thank you for sharing this fantastic post! I like the way you shared two videos of your items and gave a very clear written description of the task. Ka pai!

    I have selected this as a standout blog post as I think you put in a lot of effort into your videos and your writing went above and beyond what was asked. Awesome job Bella! This means you receive extra points.

    Will you be continuing the SLJ over the summer?

    Keep up the great work!

    Mā te wā,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talofa Lava Charlotte!

      It is great to be given positive feedback once and awhile. Thank you for giving your opinion on my scavenger hunt blog post.

      Yes, I will be participating in the Summer Learning Journey programme over the holidays. I will try my best to complete the daily activities.

      What is your favourite Summer Learning Journey activity? Why?

      Ka Kite Ano!

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Bella,

    I agree! Positive feedback is always nice.


    Awesome - you can do as many as you like but no worries if you miss some. Holidays can be busy!

    My favourite has been the insect art work! I think they all look so cool and everyone seemed to enjoy putting them together.

    I'm looking forward to seeing more of your great work!

    Mā te wā,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.