Friday 6 December 2019

Writing | Narrative | Hook

LI: to write a fully publishable narrative

This term, we have been learning about narratives and imaginative writing. Before we started to write narratives, we were given a choice to either get an idea of the narrative or write everything in the narrative without any help. I was the only one to choose the second option so I started to write my narrative before anybody else.

This story is a work in progress and it is about the apocalypse but with a slight twist. The twist is that all the adults have become the zombies! It is still a possible that children alone can survive but there is a high chance of being swallowed by the virus. The image above is the hook to my story.

A hook captures the readers attention instantly is something that is interesting to make the reader want to more of the story. We were able to include onomatopoeia. Onomatopoeia are sounds or sound effects and some have made up spellings. Examples of Onomatopoeia are: Hakrrtt! and Slash!

1 comment:

  1. ki Ora Bella
    I really love your story. The hook did it job really well. It caught my attention when I read the first sentences.
    Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.