Tuesday 17 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey | Day 2 | Activity 3 | Up in the air | Miracle on Hudson

LI: to recount when you or somebody you know has done something brave.

For this task, we have to explain and recount a time that we or somebody we know has been brave or has done something brave, like overcoming a major fear or finally doing something for the first time.

Last term, we were learning about plays, production and theatre. We were in groups for this. Each group was given their own play to learn. We had to know the script, the actions and the movement to the play and try produce a fully understandable play using the script. We had one week to finish practising and acting our plays then we would preform our plays in front of the rest of the acting groups.

We did our acting inside the class and we had no script to read off. Once it was my groups turn, we all stood up and got into our places. The story-line was how a bunch of lazy superheroes argue about who saves the world on lazy Sunday. A monster is about to dominate the world and all the superheroes can do is argue. The monster is finally free and destroys the city. I played as the monster. I had to act evil, rough and mischievous.

I entered the stage, trying to make myself look as big as I could. My heart was pounding and in front of an audience, I was shaking. I had to stomp onto the ground and wave my arms around like a crazed octopus! When it was my turn to get off the stage, I walked nervously and embarrassed away from the audience.

I found that this was a brave experience because I have deep stage fright and I can easily forget something which in this case would possibly have been the script. With having a lot of the attention on me was frightening and nerve-racking.

Thanks to Mr Ogilvie for allowing us to try over-come our stage fright and giving us the opportunity to take part in group plays and theatre. Over this, we have learnt about theatrical acting and performance. Image result for theatre facesImage result for william shakespeare pose

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bella, this is Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani and I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I really like the narrative you shared about being brave... sometimes being brave can be fun too, I'm glad you enjoyed the courage you showed! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bella!,
    What a great story about you being brave. Reading this was enjoyable and interesting. You were really brave when you overcame your stage fright. That would be me if I performed a play in front of people. Did you get less nervous when you were in the middle of the play?

    Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bella!
    This activity you did was great. Remember to re read your text as it might not make sense. What was the hardest part of this activity?
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.