Thursday 19 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey | Day 4 | Activity 2 | Individual Pursuit | What's in a Name?

LI: to recreate our name.

For this task, we had to imagine we had ONE chance to change our name. We had to make up a different name and explain why we chose to change our name to what we had chosen to change it too.

The name I chose to change it to would be Oakleyn. I would choose this name because it is a very unique name. I would also have chosen name because sure, Oak is the name of the most common tree kind but it is the kind of trees that are mostly covering the earth. I also think this name is quite catchy and fits my personality and look.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bella!,
    Wow! I think Oakleyn is a beautiful and unique name. Reading about what you would change your name to has been enjoyable and interesting. To be honest I think that Bella is also a beautiful name. What does Oakleyn mean?

    Keep Up The Great Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bella! Oakleyn sounds beautiful, I don't know anybody with that name. And I love your reasoning behind why you choose it, did you know that Oak trees are a symbol of strength, morale, resistance, and knowledge? That's very thoughtful. Great take on this activity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Bella

    Oakleyn is a cool name and sounds unique and creative. I like like to climb trees and I have a oak tree at my school ( just I have never climb that ) I also like your original name too. Keep the work up it's amazing.

    Bye Nia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morena Bella! Olive again. It’s still windy in Auckland but happy to report the trees outside my window have settled down a little! How are you doing today?

    I love reading about this activity! I think finding out people’s alternative names are so interesting! I really like the name you’ve chosen, Oakleyn is really beautiful! I really enjoyed the details you provided for choosing that name! If I changed my name, I would probably choose something Dutch like “Schuyler” as my Opa (Grandfather) is Dutch and I think it’s a really special way to honour his memory and my heritage. Names can be a lovely way to remember our loved ones, ancestors and where we came from.

    Where in Europe are you from?

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Ngā mihi,
    Olive

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.