Friday 8 January 2021

Summer Learning journey | Week 2 | Day 8 | Activity 1: Tastes of Summer

The first activity for week two of the Summer Learning Journey programme is a writing activity. I used food adjectives to describe the tastes of three different summer foods.

The purpose of this activity is to learn more adjectives and practice using those complex adjectives to describe foods.

Food adjectives are words that are used to describe the taste or texture of a food. There are words such as tart (meaning sour or bitter) or fruity (meaning the food tastes similar to a fresh or sweet fruit).

The first thing I did was watch a video that explained the different areas of food adjectives: sour, sweet, bland, savory/salty and bitter. A person could also describe the taste or texture of a food in a positive or negative way.

I created a google draw/poster and looked through a list of food adjectives to describe the taste and texture of three different foods that my whanau eats often during summer. The foods I included in my poster were strawberries, watermelons and fish and chips.

I really enjoyed this activity and looking through the different food adjectives to describe taste and texture. It was a great opportunity to learn more adjectives as I can use them in the future.

What I found difficult about this activity was finding the right food adjectives to describe the taste as well as texture of the foods.

LI: to learn more and practice using adjectives.



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Bella,

    My name is Fiona and I'm from the Summer Learning Journey. You have done an awesome job completing the tastes of summer activity - ka pai! Your foods made my tummy rumble! I really like how you have described your summer foods by using descriptive adjectives in your callouts like juicy, succulent, and zesty - excellent writing!

    I noticed your writing about fish and chips is missing a word or two at the end of the sentence. What did you mean to write that you have fish and chips with? Maybe tomato sauce! If you update this, let me know in the comments so I can take a look!

    Keep up the awesome mahi, Bella!

    Mā te wā,

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.