Thursday 7 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Day 7 | Activity 1: 3D Lucky Paper Stars

For the first activity of day seven of the Summer Learning Journey, I created 3D lucky paper stars from strips of paper.

The purpose of this activity is to challenge our ability to create new things and follow instructions as well as channel our listening and understanding skills.

The first thing I did for this activity was watch a short tutorial video that explained how to create different sized 3D lucky paper stars in a step-by-step procedure.

To make 3D lucky paper stars, I took multiple strips of paper (the size of the strip of paper will alter the size of the 3D lucky paper star at the end of the procedure). I first created a knot and continuously folded the remaining piece of the strip of paper to make a pentagon. Finally, I made a dent into each side of the paper and it created a 3D star shape.

I really enjoyed creating multiple lucky stars and it was a great opportunity to reuse scrap paper, create decorations and learn how to make something new.

What I found most difficult about this task was repeatedly folding the remaining bits of the strip of paper so that it would match perfectly with the sides of the pentagon, however I managed to complete this task.

I could challenge myself by making even bigger 3D lucky paper stars because they are really fun to make and they look amazing.

LI: to use our comprehension skills to create something new. 

Unfortunately I could not take an image of the stars I created but here is a preview of what the 3D lucky paper stars look like.


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Bella,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

    I think you introduced and explained the activity well, you explained how to make the stars and mentioned what you enjoyed and found difficult. It is very unfortunate that you cannot upload an image of the stars you made but I am sure they look great!!

    Do you think you could step up your post by posting a screencastify of you making them so your blog readers can see how to make them themselves. I would definitely like to see your tutorial!

    Happy Holidays, Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.