Wednesday 6 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Day 5 | Activity 3: Kiwi Jingle Bells

The third activity of day five is to create or write our own version of the Jingle Bells song and write it so that it is a New Zealand themed song.

The focus of this activity is to use our knowledge of Christmas in New Zealand and use inspirations to rewrite the Jingle Bells song. We also used our vocabulary, rhyming and music understanding skills to write our own quality version of the song. We also added illustrations/images for each verse of the song.

The Summer Learning Journey programme also included a video of the Kiwi Jingle Bells song to get ideas and inspiration from.

What inspired me to write the lyrics of this song was weather that often occurs during Christmas time in New Zealand and what people often do or go to during that time.

In my rewrite of Jingle Bells, I mentioned that a family was going to the beach with friends and family and they also brought cold drinks with them because of the hot summer weather.

I really found this activity fun and I enjoyed creating my own version of Jingle Bells. It was a great way to use my creativity and understanding of different things and applying my knowledge of music.

Something that I found challenging was coming up with lyrics with a certain amount of syllables that followed the rhythm of the song.

I could be more creative with the lyrics and include more things in the song that are unique to New Zealand. I could also improve my ability to choose or write lyrics that flow smoothly with the rhythm or theme of the song.

This activity is a really great opportunity to be creative and original when writing lyrics or songs. It could also help improve a persons ability to use/brainstorm ideas and apply their knowledge or understanding of a topic. I encourage the audience to try this activity out for yourselves and I look forward to seeing what you can do!

LI: to use inspiration to rewrite the Jingle Bells song.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Bella,

    It’s Shannon from the Summer Learning Journey.

    What an amazing Christmas song! I’m so impressed by how you’ve kept the original flow and found so many amazing rhyming words to carry out the tune. It’s a great song and you should be super proud of yourself. I couldn’t help but sing along, and I love that you included illustrations! It’s amazing!

    What inspired your lyrics? Did you do it all yourself?

    Because it’s so great, I’m marking it as an exceptional post for extra points! Keep up the amazing work!

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.