Wednesday 6 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Day 5 | Activity 1: Haka Kōkō Design

The objective of this Summer Learning Journey activity was to create our own Santa Claus clothing design by thinking about the features of Christmas and New Zealand.

The purpose of this activity is so be original and use our understanding of Santa, Christmas, New Zealand and summer to invent a Hana Kōkō design.

The first thing I did was brainstorm ideas on what I should include in my Hana Kōkō clothing design. I decided to include pohutukawa flowers and involve a summer theme because summer is the season in which Christmas takes place.

Once I thought about what to include in my design, I started thinking about the necessary clothing needed in summer. I used the google search feature on google draw to research clipart clothing that included the features I previously thought about.

I found a red shirt and added a pohutukawa flower on the front because red is a signature color of Christmas, and pohutukawa flowers were part of the design. I also found red shorts with a purple and yellow design to fit with the shirt, and because I couldn't find green or Christmas themed shorts. I included a sunhat and sandals because they are necessary summer-wear.

I named my Hana Kōkō design 'Summer Claus' because I thought it was unique and fit with the clothing design and theme. I also wrote what inspired me to create this specific design and why I included the certain features of my Hana Kōkō suit.

I found this activity interesting and exciting to do because I was able to use my ideas and inspiration to create something new. I most enjoyed coming up with the name of my Hana Kōkō  design. I encourage you to be creative and invent your own Santa Claus clothing design!

LI: to apply our ability to be creative and original.


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Bella,

    What an amazing outfit! I love your use of red and that you’ve kept it light for summer! I also like that you thought of footwear, including sandals which are way better for hot days than boots, and that you included a sun smart hat!

    Would you wear this outfit? Where would you wear it to? I definitely would. I love the shorts! I also love the pohutukawa flower on the shirt! How festive!

    Did you have a good Christmas?

    Keep up the phenomenal work!


    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.