Thursday 7 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Day 7 | Activity 2: It's Cool To Be Kind

The second activity for day seven of the Summer Learning Journey programme is a commenting activity where we reply to someone that has given us feedback.

The purpose of this activity is to use open questions and practice using our vocabulary skills to reply to others.

The first thing that I did was take a screenshot of a comment that someone has posted on one of my blogposts and insert the image onto a google draw.

After that, I typed up a reply in a text box on the same google draw and double-checked the reply to make sure it had a greeting, a thank you, connection, detailed answer to their question and an open question. I copied the text and pasted it as a reply to that person's comment.

I enjoyed using my understanding of vocabulary, communication and open questions to continue a comment thread.

What I found challenging was thinking about an open question where I would get an answer that could potentially teach me more about that person.

LI: to use our knowledge of comment threads.




2 comments:

  1. Hello Bella

    What a very comprehensive explanation of the process and the reasoning behind this activity.

    You understand open questions very well. Sometimes they can be hard to think of.

    I have also enjoyed the opportunity to view your recent posts. Great work Bella.

    I hope you are enjoying the SLJ. There certainly lots of variety of topics to be involved with.

    regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Bella,

    This is Charlotte from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Well done for sharing another great post! You gave a very nice reply to a kind comment.

    It’s so great that you were able to practice using vocabulary, communication and open questions. This is a great comment for starting a thread!

    How have you been finding the SLJ in general?

    Keep up the awesome mahi!

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.