Thursday 10 June 2021

Outside Function

LI: To represent the school at an outside function.

This week, I went to Tech at Tamaki Collage and participated in a science exploration discovery lesson which was about understanding the basic science laboratory equipment and their purposes. This included science equipment such as a pipette, bunsen burner, measuring cylinder and tongs.

Once we explored the basic science lab equipment, we went on to investigating meniscus. Meniscus is the curve of water that occurs when water is inside of a beaker or measuring cylinder. A meniscus can cause improper measurements. The bottom of the meniscus (where the water is flat surfaced) can be measured instead to perform accurate measurements.

We then went on to performing the experiment which was using a beaker to measure 100ml of water and transferred 40ml of water to a measuring cylinder. We used a pipette to make sure our measurement was exact using our knowledge of meniscus. Then, we added 3 more ml of water to the measuring cylinder using the pipette.


I like representing my school because I am able to respect my place of education during an outside function, and by following the expectations I can show others that my school is a great place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.