Tuesday 10 November 2020

SSR Selfie

SSR Selfie is a can-do activity that expands a persons summarising skills. It can also help develop the skimming and scanning reading skill to look for the main parts or events of a story or text.

Today, I completed the SSR Selfie can-do on a book called 'Magnetism' by Joseph Midthun, illustrated by Samuel Hiti. Magnetism is a building block of science and can either repel or attract magnetic materials such as iron and nickel.

The most interesting thing that I learnt was that electromagnetism is a temporary magnet produced by running electric current through a metal object. 

I enjoyed learning about magnetism, how it works and the different forms of magnetism. One thing I think I could improve on is doing SSR Selfie on a more mature book to challenge myself with the summarising skill.

LI: to summarise and retell a story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.