Friday 13 November 2020

Athletics Day

Panmure Bridge School held it's annual Athletics Day. Athletics Day is based around using the skills we have learnt over the past terms to run, jump and throw. There are 10 different stations, and at each station is an activity that requires collaboration and application of skill.

The first station we went to was called 'Rob the nest' where we have to get the most balls into our net before the time is up. 

The second station we went to was the sponge relay where we have to make our way through the obstacles and collect water with a sponge. 

The third station we went to was called 'Shotput' where we have to push, not throw, the ball as far as we can. 

My favorite station was called 'Lifesaver' where we have to lay on our chest, and get up, run and grab a beanbag before they were gone.

Then, we took a break and ate the sausages we ordered for lunch. After lunch, qualifiers from the sprint practice ran the 60 meter sprint race.

I really enjoyed competing with other teams to run, jump and throw. I think my team worked well together and comitted to the activities. Something I think I could work on is long jumping. I also think I could work on pushing instead of throwing the ball in Shotput.

LI: to apply our knowledge and skill of sports and physical education to run, jump and throw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.