Tuesday 10 November 2020

Commenting Thread

Commenting Thread is an expanded conversation between two people that consists of a greeting, positive feedback and an open question. The different between an open question and a closed question is that an open question requires more thinking to give an answer and it expands the conversation. A closed question only needs a few words for an answer, and it does not expand the conversation.

This week I comment threaded with Farzana's on her blog post about what maths skills are used in jobs. She chose to talk about the maths skills used in the medical field.

First, I asked her what she supposed were some other maths skills required in the medical field. Then, she replied and asked if I thought being a doctor was a good job and why I thought that. After that, I replied and asked why she chose to do medicine. She gave an answer and thanked me for starting the comment thread.

I enjoyed comment threading with O'ninesha and I enjoyed talking to O'ninesha about the different examples of formality that can be used in certain conversations and situations.

LI: to use open questions in a conversation.
LI: to expand a conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.