Thursday 24 September 2020

Writing | Recount

This week we wrote a recount about our daily routines on one of the days of the weeks.

First, I chose a day of the week to write a recount on. I chose Friday. Then we wrote down key phrases and words that relate to our daily routine such as: 'brush teeth' or 'eat breakfast: cereal or pancakes'.

After that, we put our key phrases and words into proper sentences using past tense (words like jumped, talked, woke, walked), first person (words like me, I, us, we), and the structure of a recount (TREE).

Next, we proof read our work to make sure our recount consisted of a title, a reveal, events, and an ending. There should be four paragraphs for the events, each paragraph telling what happened before school, at school, after school and after dinner.

I enjoyed this activity, and found it easy to revise my daily Friday routine. One thing I think I could work on when writing recounts is making it more interesting to read instead of giving plain sentences.

LI: to write a recount on one of the days of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.