Friday 18 September 2020

Kiwi Sport | Cricket

This week, the year 4-6 girls were coached by Nick and Sam from Auckland University Cricket Club to learn basic catching, batting and fielding skills in cricket.

First, we practiced throwing a cricket ball up, clapping as many times as we could, and catching the ball. We continued to do this but on one foot. 

After that, we got into partners. Everybody faced their partner, and practiced catching and throwing the ball to one another. My partner and I got 65. We repeated this process, however if the ball dropped the count restarted. My partner and I got 52. We then did this again but catching with one hand. My partner and I got 47.

Next, we were sorted into a fielding team and a batting team. Two people from the batting team would hit six balls off of a T and the fielding team worked together to put the balls back onto the T. The two people batting team had to run to the two white cones that were on either side of the court as many times as they could.

I enjoyed this session of cricket, and found it fun to collaborate as a fielding team, and to challenge myself in the batting team. The purpose of this session is to learn the basic skills needed in cricket.

LI: to learn basic cricket skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.