Thursday 25 June 2020

Reading | QAR | Questioning

We identified the four different question types. The question types are: right there, think and search, author and me, and on my own. I solved the right there, think and search and author and me questions by skimming and scanning the text for clues about the answer. I then answered the on my own question by using prior knowledge to come up with a potential answer.

I put the "What is the drinking water company's name?" question under right there. I looked through the beginning of the book and found the answer on page 1-2. The answer was correct.

For the "What does the water tank code do?" question I put it under think and search. I looked through pages 2-3 and found the answer by reading a bit further from where I found the drinking company's name. This was correct.

Next, I sorted the "Why doesn't Ryder's family have as much water as the Carter family?" question nder author and me. I looked in page 2 because there were clues that showed the lack of water in Ryder's family. The answer was correct.

I then put "What do you think happened to Ryder?" under on my own. I put this question there because there were no hints in the text that could explain what happened to Ryder.

I enjoyed this task and found it very informative about the different question types.

LI: to identify the question types.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.