Friday 12 June 2020

Reading | Prediction

Prediction is making an educated guess about what will happen in the text. Predictions are made by using prior knowledge and clues found in the text.

One prediction I made was that Kenzie was homesick because the text read "she's feeling wobbly already". This prediction was correct.

Another prediction I made was that Kenzie was vegetarian because the she skipped eating the chicken in the dining hall. This prediction was incorrect, Kenzie just didn't feel like eating the chicken due to it's appearence.

I think that this is a good way to practise making predictions. I enjoyed this activity because I learned a lot about making predictions and using prior knowledge to make educated guesses.

LI: to predict the events to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.