Wednesday 22 July 2020

Writing | Procedural Text

I learnt about procedural writing. First we identified that procedural writing is a text that tells how to do or make something.

We looked at the different types of procedural texts which are: recipes, instructions and more. We then looked at the structure of a procedure and the language features used in procedures. The structure of a procedure is TEMPS (Title, End Result, Materials, Pictures and Steps). The language features of procedures are 3rd person, present simple tense, specific verbs and verbs at the beginning of each step.

We then focused on making our own procedure including the language features and structure. The three topics we were able to choose from were: How to make a sandwhich, how to get to Pt. England School from PBS and how to play octopus. I chose to make a procedure on how to play octopus.

First I made sure to break up the overall task into steps. Then, I looked for specific verbs to start each of the steps with. After that, I researched for images to give a visual representation of each step. Next, I created a list of requirements needed in the procedure. Finally, I completed my procedure by writing the steps in full sentences.

I enjoyed this activity because I learnt about important requirements to writing procedures and was able to create my own procedure.

LI: to write a set of instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.