Thursday 30 July 2020

Reading | Idioms

In this session about idioms, we learnt that idioms are phrases or words that aren't made to be taken literally. Idioms indicate general ideas or phrases that have been reworded. The activity my group completed was based around using and understanding idioms.

My group chose 3 idioms then created a script to act out the chosen idioms. The purpose of this was to understand how different idioms can be used. The idioms we chose were: 'Have mixed feelings', 'Mumbo Jumbo' and 'Hot potato'.

We then acted out our script, which needed to include an example of how to use the chosen idioms. We enjoyed acting out the script. My group found creating the videos easy to do, however we found the idiom scripts funny to say.

I enjoyed this activity because I was able to act out a script. I also found this task easy.

LI: to practice using idioms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.