Friday 30 July 2021

Olympics Swimming Challenge

LI: To use the most efficient strategy to find the answers.


For Maths, we have been focusing on how to use an efficient strategy to solve an equation and how to check if our answer is correct. The questions we worked on for this task was: 'How many meters did Michael swim for his golden medals?' and 'How many strokes did Michael have to take in total for all of his events combined if Michael can propel himself 2 meters every stroke?'

We solved these by first looking at the competitions that Michael participated in for his golden medals. The amount of meters that Michael swam in total was 1500 meters and the amount of strokes that Michael took was 750 strokes.

I enjoyed this task because I was able to share my knowledge as well as increase what I know about using efficient strategies to solve maths equations as well as compehend the information I am given to convert it into an answer. In this session, I practiced proving how my answer is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.