Friday 6 March 2020

Reading | SSR Selfie

LI: to summarise and retell a story.

This week I decided to complete my SSR Selfie activity with a book about Malala Yousafzai called 'The right to learn; Malala Yousafzai's Story'. The SSR Selfie activity helps us to summarise pieces of information and stories. It also helps us improve how we retell stories.

This book is about the biography and life of Malala and how she fought for the rights of education for women and females. It explains how she protested for educational rights and the Taliban war. Now she stands at the age of 22 and Malala's protesting has allowed all genders to take part in educational learning.


4 comments:

  1. Hello Bella,
    I enjoyed reading your blog post. I know about Malala Yousafzai, and I think she is really inspirational. Why do you think the Taliban wouldn't give women educational rights?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam Farzana,

    Thank you for the positive feedback, I do agree that Malala Yousafzai is inspirational! I understand that the Taliban wouldn't allow women to go to school because they think women are better working at home and looking after the family. Is there anybody else that inspires you like Malala Yousafzai does?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walaikum Salaam Bella!

    You are very welcome! That is a great answer to my question! There are many people that inspire me. For example, I am really inspired by Mahatma Gandhi & Nelson Mandela! Do you know anything about either of them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zdravo Farzana!

    I understand how Mahatma Gandhi & Nelson Mandela would be inspirational! I know that Mahatma Gandhi led Indian's non-violent independance movement & Nelson Mandela was a social rights activist. Have you read, heard or known about any other activists?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.