Friday 6 March 2020

Kiwi Sport | Rippa Rugby

LI: to learn the basics of rippa rugby.

In Kiwi Sport, we focused on learning how to rip rippas, catch and throw the ball. Our coaches were Andrew & Justice.

First, we were practising throwing and catching. We got into groups and lined up behind four cones and the first group held the ball. The person in the front of each group had to run and pass the ball backwards to the first person in the group on the right. We catch by putting our hands into a "W" form.

Next, we all played a real game of rippa rugby. There were two teams, a green team and a red team (I was in the red team). We needed to tap and pass the ball. This was a girls versus boys round. The girls team won two tries at first. The other team also got two tries.

I enjoyed this weeks session with Justice & Andrew and with Rippa Rugby. I think I could personally improve on aiming my grab when I try to rip rippas and practice running more to gain speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.