Friday 14 February 2020

Art | Self Portrait


LI: to make a digital self portrait.
We were working on finishing our digital self portraits. We had to choose one out of two different artistic ways on making a digital self portrait. The methods we had to choose out of were: Using simple shapes to build together the complex shaping or the advanced shapes where you use multiple drawing tools to put together the portrait.

I chose to do the simple shapes type. We watched a tutorial video made by Mr. Wong to help us whenever we needed help or specifically got stuck. We needed to start by making the furthest away from us then move onto the closest to us. 

We were able to use simple shapes like riangles, squares, trapezoids, rhombuses and more. The main way we made complicated shapes were that we used two or more different kinds of shapes to put them together to form a different shape. 

What I used:
 For my face shape, I used a circle and stretched it to make an oval shape. I used two triangles on an angle to form the shape of my my upper lip (including the dip in the middle). To make my lower lip, I added a trapezoid and reshaped the points to get the right kind of angle. 

Once I finished doing a simple impersonation of my digital self portrait, I added a few details like the buttons and hair over the shoulder. I enjoyed doing this activity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.